Teofilo.net

ads2

Category Archives: Gaming

0

Telltale Games Confirms New Batman Season

Adnan Farooqui July 20, 2017


Telltale Games, the developer of popular episodic gaming titles has confirmed new seasons for three of its titles. It was reported recently that the studio may soon confirm details about the second season of its episodic Batman game. It has confirmed that and much more. Telltale Games has confirmed new seasons of Batman, The Walking Dead, and The Wolf Among Us.

The first season of Telltale’s Batman game ended in December last year. Telltale Games has now confirmed that the second season is also going to have five episodes the first of which will be released on August 8th.

As is the norm with episodic titles, those who have played the first season will be able to carry over their decisions from the first season to the new story.

Telltale says that both Bruce Wayne and Batman will be forced into tough new roles in the upcoming season. The Riddler is back to terrorize Gotham City, a ruthless federal agent makes things worse for our favorite caped crusader and the Joker is lurking as well. Batman has to make uneasy alliances to bring peace to Gotham City.

Telltale has also confirmed that the fourth season of its Walking Dead series is in development as well, this might be the last season for this series. It will be released next year. The second season of The Wolf Among Us will be released in 2018 as well.

Telltale Games Confirms New Batman Season , original content from Ubergizmo. Read our Copyrights and terms of use.

0

Rare, Sealed NES Game ‘Stadium Events’ Sells For $42,000

Tyler Lee July 20, 2017

Old video games might not necessarily look the best, but they represent a piece of gaming history, which is why sometimes older games can fetch a pretty penny. In fact recently it seems that a rare and sealed copy of NES game “Stadium Events” managed to fetch close to $42,000 after being sold to a serious buyer.

According to Kotaku, the seller had originally tried to sell the game on eBay where someone actually won the bid, but apparently the winner of the bid decided not to pay for it. Thankfully the seller was contacted by a “serious buyer” and a deal was struck. What makes Stadium Events so valuable is the fact that the game was only released for a very short period of time before it was pulled and replaced with “World Class Track Meet”.

This means that there aren’t that many copies of the game in the world, and what made this auction fetch such a high price was due to the fact that the game was still in its original packaging and sealed, which in an assessment by Video Game Authority saw the game rate 85 out of 100, giving it a near mint condition. This isn’t the first time we’ve heard of the game fetching an absurd amount, and we expect that we’ll be hearing more stories like this in the future.

Rare, Sealed NES Game ‘Stadium Events’ Sells For $42,000 , original content from Ubergizmo. Read our Copyrights and terms of use.

0

Kingdom Hearts 3’s Producer Clarifies Statement On A Switch Port

Tyler Lee July 20, 2017

The other day following the launch of the new trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3, the game’s producer Tetsuya Nomura was interviewed in which he spoke about the possibility of the game arriving for the Nintendo Switch. According to the translation, Nomura was quoted as saying that the Switch port would only be considered after the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game was launched.

However it seems that there might been something lost in translation. According to DualShockers, they are reporting on a new interview with Nomura with Famitsu where he clarified some of his statements, which apparently have been misinterpreted. According to Nomura, basically he said in the original interview that the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game are a top priority at the moment.

He also did not single out the Switch specifically when asked about ports, but rather he talked about other platforms in general, and how they might be considered once the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game are done. This was said to clarify reports that he might have “promised” the Switch version once the PS4 and Xbox One versions are completed, which is not the case.

Of course Switch gamers are clearly hoping that this will be the case, but only time will tell.

Kingdom Hearts 3’s Producer Clarifies Statement On A Switch Port , original content from Ubergizmo. Read our Copyrights and terms of use.

0

Razer Could Be Working On A Smartphone For ‘Hardcore Gamers’

Tyler Lee July 20, 2017

Razer is a company that rose to fame thanks to its gaming mice, but the company has since expanded its offerings with keyboards, speakers, headsets, and even computers. This is why the idea of Razer potentially expanding into the mobile market doesn’t really come as a complete surprise, especially with their recent acquisition of Nextbit.

Now it seems that according to a report from Bloomberg (via Gadgets 360), the company is apparently developing a smartphone of its own that would be targeting the “hardcore gamer”. Details about the device are scarce at the moment so it’s hard to imagine what they could be working on that would result in a device that is aimed at gamers.

However it seems that the idea might not be so ludicrous, thanks to a report from last month where Razer’s CEO Min-Liang Tan revealed the company’s plans to disrupt the mobile gaming market. Tan was quoted as saying, “Right now I don’t see any mobile device or software platform that really fulfills the needs of the [mobile] gamer.”

We have seen companies create phones designed for gaming, like with the Nokia N-Gage and the Sony Xperia Play, although neither really quite achieve mainstream success, possibly due to the fact that both are rather niche products, but given that Apple managed to take tablets mainstream, we suppose Razer could be the one to take gaming phones to new heights.

Razer Could Be Working On A Smartphone For ‘Hardcore Gamers’ , original content from Ubergizmo. Read our Copyrights and terms of use.

0

First Nintendo Switch Cartridge ROM Dumps Are Appearing Online

Tyler Lee July 20, 2017

Regardless of whatever medium developers choose to release their games on, there will bound to be piracy. Whether it be a digital or physical release, somehow, someone will find a way. In fact it seems that less than half a year since the Nintendo Switch was released, it looks like cartridge ROM dumps are finding their way online.

This is thanks to a group called BigBlueBox who claims to have successfully dumped Switch game cartridge ROMs. However they are hard to find and a bit inaccessible at the moment, and obviously we won’t be linking them here, but we suppose if you try hard enough you should be able to find them.

There are some pretty big titles that are part of the list at the moment, which includes The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and ARMS. However despite these dumps, like we said they are inaccessible because it seems that figuring out how to get them running on the Switch hardware is still in the works.

It is possible that eventually hackers and developers will figure it out, although we have to admit that we are curious as to what Nintendo will do about it, or if they’ve already got a plan in place.

First Nintendo Switch Cartridge ROM Dumps Are Appearing Online , original content from Ubergizmo. Read our Copyrights and terms of use.

0

The Nintendo Switch Online App Will Be A Major Battery Drain

Tyler Lee July 19, 2017

As you might have heard, Nintendo has recently released the Nintendo Switch Online app for mobile devices. For those unfamiliar, this app is Nintendo’s way of offering voice communication for players as well as access to certain online services and features for its games. However it seems that the app will prove to be a massive battery drain for users.

According to a report from Eurogamer, it seems that one of the requirements for users to use its mobile app for voice communication is that their phone’s display has to be on all the time. This is versus other apps that offer voice chat, such as WhatsApp, Skype, Viber, and etc., where users are not required to have their displays on.

This means that having your display on all the time will quickly drain your phone’s battery. It also seems that voice chat will end when you swap between apps, so if you receive a message or email and want to tend to it while you’re chatting, no such luck, unfortunately. However we should point out that the app is still pretty damn brand new, which means that hopefully based on this feedback, Nintendo will do something about it, otherwise it seems unlikely that players will want to pay the company money to use its online services come 2018.

Nintendo made a rather interesting and controversial decision by launching the app as opposed to baking voice chat into the Switch’s operating system. The company tried to justify this by saying that since we have our phones on us all the time, it makes sense. Whether or not this will work out in the long-run remains to be seen, but for now it doesn’t look that way.

The Nintendo Switch Online App Will Be A Major Battery Drain , original content from Ubergizmo. Read our Copyrights and terms of use.

0

Nintendo Switch Online App Is Now Available

Tyler Lee July 19, 2017

A couple of weeks ago, Nintendo announced that they would be launching the Nintendo Switch Online app. This is Nintendo’s upcoming app that will be used for its online services, where users will be able to interact with other gamers, manage their games, and also more importantly use it for voice chat.

The app was scheduled for a launch on the 21st of July, but it seems that someone might have pulled the trigger a bit earlier than expected because the app is now available for download for both iOS and Android devices. That being said, it seems that there’s not much that one can do with the app at the moment since Splatoon 2 is the only game that will fully support it at the moment.

We expect that other games will be supported in the future, but for now if you don’t own Splatoon 2 then we guess you won’t really be using the app all that much yet. Do take note that according to Polygon, it seems that Nintendo is working on stabilizing the app’s servers which means that you might experience some connectivity issues for now, but presumably it will stabilize eventually.

Once it does, users will be able to log into the app with their Nintendo Account that is associated with their Switch console. If you haven’t linked your Account with your Switch console, then perhaps now is a good time to do so.

Nintendo Switch Online App Is Now Available , original content from Ubergizmo. Read our Copyrights and terms of use.

0

Doomfist Will Be Finding His Way Into Overwatch Next Week

Tyler Lee July 19, 2017

After faking us out for the first time, Blizzard recently confirmed that the next hero that would be added to Overwatch would come in the form of Doomfist. Now for those who were pretty psyched at what they saw in the trailer for the hero, you’ll be pleased to learn that after being on the PTR for a while, Doomfist will be officially available to all players starting next week.

For those unfamiliar, the PTR is the Public Test Realm in which Blizzard usually tests out patches and new content first before it finds its way into the main game. This allows them to work out any kinks and also balances the game to ensure that when it is launched, it won’t be too overpowered or underpowered.

Doomfist will be available to players starting on the 27th of July across all the platforms that Overwatch is available on, which includes the PC, PS4, and the Xbox One. Doomfist will also be the latest hero that the company will be adding to the game, and we expect that he won’t be the last either. We’re not sure how many more characters Blizzard plans on adding to Overwatch, but in the meantime if you’re interested in learning more about the upcoming hero, check out the preview in the video above.

Doomfist Will Be Finding His Way Into Overwatch Next Week , original content from Ubergizmo. Read our Copyrights and terms of use.

0

Ubisoft Will Be Announcing More Nintendo Switch Games Soon

Tyler Lee July 19, 2017

If you’re the proud owner of the Nintendo Switch and you’re looking forward to getting your hands on more Ubisoft titles for your console, you’ll be pleased to learn that during Ubisoft’s latest financial results, the company revealed that there were more Switch games that they would be announcing soon.

This is according to a report from the NeoGAF forums (via Nintendo Everything) where it was speculated that this announcement could take place at Gamescom. So far Ubisoft has released Just Dance 2017 for the Nintendo Switch, and another title that is highly-anticipated would be the Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle that is expected to be released later this year.

There is also Rayman Legends Definitive Edition that will be arriving for the console, along with Monopoly, and Just dance 2018, just to name a few. Based on these titles we’re not sure what else Ubisoft could be announcing for the Switch, but we guess we’ll just have to wait and find out at a later date.

Gamescom is taking place next month from the 22nd of August until the 26th of August. While we can’t confirm if the announcement will be made then, it does look like a pretty good platform for Ubisoft to take advantage of should they choose to do so.

Ubisoft Will Be Announcing More Nintendo Switch Games Soon , original content from Ubergizmo. Read our Copyrights and terms of use.

Login to your account

Can't remember your Password ?

Register for this site!